VOLUNTEERING FOR UNIVERSITY/ TERTIARY STUDY PLACEMENTS
Thank you for considering Eddie Rice Camps for your University placement. Whether you are looking to complete the community service placement or a practicum as part of your degree, you've come to the right place!
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE FOR ALL OF THE DETAILS
& TO APPLY FOR A VOLUNTEER CAMP LEADER PLACE ON CAMP
All training and camp dates (including a call for volunteer applications) will be communicated via our e-newsletter so please sign up here to stay in the loop.
Take a look at the steps below and get in touch if you have any questions!
University Placement Students
How do i get involved?
1. Sign up to our mailing list so you'll be the first to know about training dates, camps and all our other opportunities.
2. Call us on 02 9556 7023 or 0439 900 832 for a quick chat and to arrange a meeting with us at our Balmain Office. Meetings should take no longer than an hour and help us to understand what what support is needed to fulfil your course requirements.
3. Sign up for and attend our New Leader Training - training dates are announce via our e-newsletter. Training is essential and you need to have attended training to be considered for camp.
3. Apply for a Working With Children Check if you are over 18 years
4. Complete an application form!
ARE THERE COSTS FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS?
For bot Uni & Duke of Edinburgh students undertaking their placements, we ask for a $450 tax-deductable donation towards camp costs. We keep this as low as possible for our students. It does not cover the full cost on camp but will assist ERCNSW with some of the costs associated with your training, accommodation, food, resources, significant administration and review/assessment of your placement/project.
We endeavour to keep costs of camp as low as possible for families and volunteers alike. If you are experiencing financial distress, please contact the NSW State Lead on 0468511096 for a confidential conversation.
A CHILD'S WORTH
"Eddie Rice Camps have been such an awesome thing for me!
The games and activities they put on for us kids is the best fun I've ever had.
I feel so good about myself and my new friends when I get home".
— Will, Camp Participant