University Placement Students
Thank you for considering Eddie Rice Camps for your University placement. Whether you are looking to complete the community service placement or a practicum as part of your degree, you've come to the right place!
Bushfires and COVID have had a significant impact on our waiting lists for university students looking to do your placement with us. However, we are hopeful that we will be able to hold new leader training in the coming months and subsequently place a number of university students on in the latter half of 2021. All training and camp dates (including a call for volunteer applications) will be communicated via our e-newsletter so please sign up here to stay in the loop. We always recommend looking into other options as we cannot guarantee every candidate a spot on camp.
Take a look at the steps below and get in touch with our Programs Officer if you have any questions!
How do i get involved?
1. Sign up to our mailing list so you'll be the first to know about training dates, camps and all our other opportunities.
2. Call us on 02 9556 7023 or 0439 900 832 for a quick chat and to arrange a meeting with us at our Balmain Office. Meetings should take no longer than an hour and help us to understand what what support is needed to fulfil your course requirements.
3. Sign up for and attend our New Leader Training - training dates are announce via our e-newsletter. Training is essential and you need to have attended training to be considered for camp.
3. Apply for a Working With Children Check if you are over 18 years
4. Complete an application form!
Unfortunately, COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on our bottom line and ongoing costs. Accordingly, we've had no choice but to increase the fees for both volunteers and campers.
For bot Uni & Duke of Edinburgh students undertaking their placements, we ask for a minimum $450 contribution to attend camp. This does not cover the full cost/head on camp but will assist ERCNSW with some of the costs associated with training, accommodation, food, resources, significant administration and review/assessment of your placement/project. When you return to camp, volunteers are asked to make a $60 contribution to each camp. Please note that
We are always looking to reduce the cost of camp for families and volunteers alike. If you are experiencing financial distress, please contact the Executive Officer on 0468 511 096 for a confidential conversation.
A CHILD'S WORTH
"Eddie Rice Camps have been such an awesome thing for me!
The games and activities they put on for us kids is the best fun I've ever had.
I feel so good about myself and my new friends when I get home".
— Will, Camp Participant